Are You a Sally Service?
Getting out of your own way because it’s not about you.
You are having a conversation with someone who, on the surface, seems like a great prospect – right gender, age, work, and personal profile for your ideal client – but you don’t know anything else about them. You really want a new client and you start to feel attached to this prospect. But you take a moment to get grounded in your commitment to help the other person where they are, not to make the sale. You are in service of what they most need.
Because you stay open in the conversation and listen to what serves them, you choose to recommend a contact of yours who offers the exact right service for where that person is – they aren’t the best fit for you. You trust it will come back to you, and it does. As you educated that person on why they were not right for you, they thought of someone who was and connected you!
You are presented with an opportunity to invest in your business in a way that will stretch you and cause you to grow quickly! (Possibly investing in a great coach?!) But you are nervous. You wonder, “Can I afford it?” and, “Wow, who will I have to be to step up to the next level?” And the fears suddenly surface.
But you know who you are and what you’re committed to, and you ask yourself – “Does this investment help me to serve the people I’m here to serve?” The inner knowing that you are meant to grow and be of more service in the exact way of the opportunity calls you to the next level in spite of fear. The personal reward of your courage is more than you could have imagined!
If these scenarios sound like you, or how you’d like to operate, you likely resonate with the “Sally Service” Profit Style™.
Sally Service is the fourth energy state – concern and compassion. At this level one’s energy becomes totally anabolic, or building, rather than catabolic, or destructive.
Sally’s primary filter in life is “You Win.” She’s constantly looking for ways to be of service to others and help them win. Sally is willing to set aside her own fears and concerns in favor of the good of others. While she is not a martyr because she operates from commitment, and does not expect a certain reward in return, she can at times lose track of her own stake in the matter.
On the whole the commitment to being of service allows her to get out of her own way and make a difference – and profit is a natural reward for this commitment.
Sally doesn’t flip-flop because regardless of what happens, she doesn’t take it personally! Her commitment to seeing the path of service clearly won’t allow her to quit.
Here’s how Sally Service shows up in specific areas of business:
- Sales: She sees sales as service and therefore is willing to have direct and even uncomfortable conversations in service of the outcome the client really wants. She’s not “after the sale” but rather willing to stand for helping the client get what they most need – which may be a referral or a connection. She is coming from a place of genuine concern. She doesn’t take any objection personally because she’s not focused on the outcome for herself, she’s focused on the prospect.
- Marketing: Her marketing is clear and focused on the difference she makes for her ideal clients. Because she has a natural concern for her clients, she is able to speak to them in language that matters to them – she’s in tune. She markets in a regular and consistent manner because she wants to ensure her clients and prospects get what they need when they need it.
- Point of View: Sally has a point of view in her business, which she really takes directly from her clients and what they are saying they need. She also weaves her story into her point of view and is willing to be vulnerable with what she shares about herself because she knows that her truth can really help someone.
- Support: Sally will get help and support in service of her clients, but she is not likely to look for it just to make life easier for herself. She also enjoys providing jobs with her business. She is likely to also be of service to other people in her life who can tend to take her generosity for granted – which means she can be quite busy!
- Energy: Caring, compassionate, loving, clear, service-oriented, vulnerable, yet strong.
Here’s the thing, if Sally Service really resonates for you, it will take some intention to call her forth, even when things are hard or scary. Because most people revert back to their default in those times, which, for 99% of us causes us to quit (remember Circumstance Cindy, Patty Proven, and Accepting Annie?) We’ve got to respond in a new way consistently to Align for Profit!
Here’s what to do: 1) Reprogram the root story (The Profit Style Index can help you to do this), 2) Always take a moment to remember what you’re really committed to before acting, and 3) Create an environment that reminds you of this commitment. This means the space, and the people in it. Who is your support team? What messages in your office and home remind you of your commitment?
Now, go serve your peeps!
The Profit Styles™
This article is about one of a series of profiles that I’ve coined the “Profit Styles™.” They correspond to the different levels of energy to which we have access as human beings. Our thoughts create our feelings and our feelings generate our actions and our results. Our thoughts can resonate at 7 distinct levels (taken from the Energy Leadership Index™ developed by Bruce D. Schneider, and as outlined in the book Power vs. Force by David R. Hawkins) that dictate how we observe and respond to business and life. Our default tendency literally impacts us at a cellular level, and we gravitate toward people or situations that reflect our prevailing thought process. We all have access to all 7 levels, and by bringing them to conscious awareness, you have the power to shift to a new level at any given time. Our default levels are always the source of our business results. Always.
To inquire about taking the formal Profit Styles Index assessment, please email Support@AlignandProfit.com!